Source: Wikitree via Instagram
1. [+644] All I bought was a plain hoodie that happened to have Yale written on it. I don’t even think about the Yale logo when I pull it on..
2. [+496] It’s just a case where I bought a gray hoodie that happened to have Yale written on it
– [+17] Let’s be honest, would you still have bought it if it had ‘Mokpo College’ written on it instead of Yale?
– [+15] ^ A hoodie that says ‘Mokpo College’ on it would’ve never been produced in the first place, right? ㅎㅎ All I’m trying to say is that I don’t really put that much thought to what is written on it
– [+10] ^ And why do you think a hoodie with ‘Mokpo College’ wouldn’t be produced? Because it wouldn’t sell, right? And it won’t sell because, at the end of the day, people care what’s actually written on these hoodies.
– [+6] ^ Well, it’s different when it’s a Korean word. I’m sure most of us would recognize it… but something written in English makes me brush it over because I wouldn’t recognize it on first glance.
– [+4] ^ I’m just giving you sh*t for trying to act all cool like “I don’t care about logos!” because we all do in the end unless you really had no idea what Yale was when you bought it.
3. [+150] I noticed a lot of American kids wear school merch if they go to good schools…
– [+15] Perhaps the question Americans are asking is why Korean kids who never went to Yale are wearing Yale hoodies ㅋㅋ
– [+7] Yeah, I suppose it’s kind of like a kid who never went to Seoul University walking around with a Seoul University bomber
4. [+63] This reminds me of when the MLB hats started trending over here and everyone had an NY cap on and people would go around asking if you knew that team or if you’re a fan of that team and 8/9 out of 10 would be like “Who? I bought it because it’s cute”… Even 20 years later, things haven’t changed..
5. [+144] I wear it because… there’s nothing else to wear? 😢
– [+11] What we want to know is why you’re wearing another school’s logo, though 😂
6. [+32] Who cares, I wear it because the font’s cute ㅋ
7. [+12] The quality is good for the price, I like how the font is stitched on… and that I can afford it at Musinsa for my high school son! I don’t care at all that it says Yale on it.
8. [+12] I just think the combination of a gray hoodie with the navy Yale logo is pretty together
9. [+9] As someone who’s never worn it or wanted to wear it, I always wondered why others liked it ㅋㅋ I also don’t understand the people who are like “I don’t care what it says, it’s comfortable” like, why would you not care what the shirt you’re wearing says?? What if it says something bad?
10. [+15] It’s popular because a lot of stores sell variations of it ㅎㅎ
Read original article here: netizenbuzz.blogspot.com
- Americans react to the ‘Yale hoodie’ fashion trend in Korea
- Check all news and articles from the latest NEWS updates.
- Please Subscribe us at Google News.