Soloist Kwon Eunbi’s current stage outfit has grow to be a debating matter amongst netizens.
The singer carried out on the Korean Nationwide Police College Competition on Spetember 21 and her stage outfit consisted of a halter neck prime, a brief skirt, accompanied by a KNPU jacket and a police hat. Eunbi removed the hat and jacket in a while through the efficiency.
Her outfit created some concern amongst followers, who demanded that Woollim Leisure change her styling, with a view to defend her higher.
Eunbi’s reputation noticed an plain explosion not too long ago after her look on the 2023 Seoul Waterbomb Competition the place she took her followers unexpectedly by showing in a bikini prime, a white skirt, and a white see-through shirt. The look, exhibiting off a mature and horny attraction, instantly made her go viral, even making non-fans intrigued.
eunbi at waterbomb name that EUNDERWATER pic.twitter.com/3Lo3UfmNra
— min (@yenascape) June 23, 2023
The singer herself admitted that the response she acquired was utterly unanticipated.
I by no means anticipated to get such an excellent response. Everyone was calling and texting me, the views on my close-up fancams went approach up and “Underwater” slowly began to climb the charts. I put a number of thought into how I might talk with the viewers and get them extra excited because it was a competition for most of the people.
— Kwon Eunbi
Eunbi’s subsequent appearances at different summer season festivals acquired a number of consideration as properly, boosting the proficient singer’s reputation every time. Sadly, this reputation additionally introduced in a rising wave of vulgar and inappropriate feedback on her physique, some even escalating to the purpose of sexual harassment. Eunbi’s company needed to situation a press release warning those that such feedback can get them sued.
Just lately, we’ve discovered a number of posts on on-line communities and social media pages which might be defamatory, sexually vulgar and unfold misinformation. We’re conscious of the inappropriate content material of those posts and have collected proof concerning this. We’re releasing this assertion after deciding that we’re now not capable of stand idly by.
— Woollim Leisure
For the reason that circumstances of sexually harassing feedback got here ahead, some followers have been fearful that the singer’s firm is pushing her “horny” picture an excessive amount of and placing her at risk within the course of. A current put up on a well-liked on-line discussion board compiled a few of these feedback from followers, resulting in a heated debate amongst netizens. Some felt that her current outfit was nothing out of the unusual, whereas different sympathized with the followers’ considerations.
- “There was no detrimental response right here.”
- “Feminine idols put on garments like that rather a lot. Since she has a glamorous physique, she’s being criticized.”
- “I’ve to agree that it appears too erotic.”
- “However in the event you have a look at the variety of retweets or no matter, I don’t suppose folks agree all that a lot. Do folks actually imagine this?”
- “She’s getting criticized as a result of her physique is nice… She will put on no matter bizarre outfits she needs, it’s not like she’s a child anymore, she’s approaching her 30s.”
- “They’re doing all that as a result of her physique is sweet.”
- “However I additionally perceive followers asking them to alter the outfits, due to the sexual harassment.”
- “Um…it does appear like the outfit isn’t suiting the placement.”
- “That’s actually fairly low (neckline).”
- “She acquired optimistic responses as a result of her Waterbomb outfit really matched the occasion. Nevertheless it looks like her firm will preserve dressing her that approach. From a fan’s place, it’s apparent that they might be unhappy with the outfits that retains bringing her sexual harassment.”
— “Plus, if the revealing garments had been fairly, I wouldn’t have cared. However these will not be even fairly. That’s why they’re being like that.”
- “I feel followers are saying that much more as a result of she has been dealing with a number of sexual harassment. If the corporate might maintain the outfits together with the lawsuits…”
— “As a fan of feminine idols, I really perceive these followers’ considerations.”
- “Eunbi is likeable, however I preserve considering if they might expose her physique rather less. It’s annoying to maintain seeing her get sexually harassed.”
Whereas firms pushing idols to put on outfits they’re uncomfortable with is just not unparalleled in Okay-Pop, there isn’t any approach for followers to confirm if these decisions are made by Eunbi herself both. If the latter is true, then is policing her outfit the proper technique to go about addressing the harassment she is dealing with? And if the previous is true, how far can the followers intervene and make sure the idol’s security?
Share This Publish