Some were understanding… some were not.
TvN‘s variety program You Quiz On The Block had a sudden broadcasting accident on live television that interrupted the program and surprised many viewers.
Hosted by Yoo Jae Suk and Jo Se Ho, You Quiz On The Block is a variety program that shares the stories of notable or unique people in Korea through heartwarming, and often funny, interviews.
The 182nd episode, “How To Fight And Win A Genius,” aired on February 22 and featured former national weightlifting team member Jang Mi Ran and award-winning musical composer Jung Jae Il.
You Quiz On The Block being her first interview since she retired, Jang Mi Ran shared never-before-heard anecdotes of her experiences while training as a national athlete, how she dealt with getting made fun of for her frame, and how she got started with weightlifting.
While Jang Mi Ran talked about winning a gold medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, the broadcast suddenly switched to a previous episode of architect Seung Hyo Sang‘s interview.
A caption quickly appeared saying that the broadcast was being delayed due to the broadcasting company’s circumstances and that they “apologize for the inconvenience” and “hope that all the viewers can understand.”
The You Quiz On The Block episode could not resume due to the broadcasting accident, so an episode of the following program, The Heavenly Idol, aired instead.
Viewers had mixed responses regarding this accident. Some viewers were understanding and expressed that it was an honest mistake that anybody can make.
- “After becoming an office worker, I feel bad for them. It’s okay, these kinds of things can happen. I wish tvN would hire more people or not create such impractical schedules”
- “But when I think about how distressed the producers probably felt, I can’t get mad ㅜㅜ I tuned in yesterday to see Jung Jae Il and I was confused when suddenly Seung Hyo Sang came out. Don’t discipline the production team, but please hire more staff, and if there’s a custom of having these tight schedules, fix it”
- “The production team is probably suffering the most. Cheer up and hwaiting!”
- “It can happen; they’re all human”
- “I hope we can just move past this because everyone makes mistakes. It’s not like this accident killed anybody… please cheer up and don’t make the same mistakes. Don’t think bad things and hwaiting!!!”
- “It sucks that the people in charge are the ones who have to work urgently because of thisㅠㅠㅠ”
- “It’s ok; we can just watch it next week”
On the other hand, some were not so pleased or accepting of this accident.
- “So they started the broadcast without the final edit in the first place?”
- “They need to apologize to Jang Mi Ran.. f*ck”
- “tvN itself is the problem. How come accidents only happen on here?”
- “Is editing ‘You Quiz’ really that hard? Isn’t it usually just two emcees and one guest?”
- “CJ E&M said they were reducing staff and it shows so clearly like this”
- “I’m surprised an accident like this happened in 2023”
- “I mean, there’s no way they didn’t have enough time. They probably didn’t check the file properly and then covered it up”
In response to this massive accident, tvN posted a public apology.
We would like to apologize for the ‘You Quiz on the Block’ broadcasting accident that occurred today (22nd) on tvN.
In the final editing process of the 182nd episode, there was a technical error causing a delay in the deliverance of the final version, and this caused an accident in which the 181st episode aired instead. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to our viewers. Former national weightlifter Jang Mi Ran’s episode which could not air today will be broadcasted next Wedneday, March 1 at 8:40 pm during the 183rd episode of ‘You Quiz on the Block.’
In consideration of the precious time Jang Mi Ran has given us for her interview, the producers had tried their best to deliver an in-depth story, but it resulted in a big accident and we are truly sorry.
We will make every effort to strengthen the production and management procedures in the future so that similar situations won’t happen again. Once again, we sincerely apologize to our viewers who support ‘You Quiz on the Block’ and to our guest Jang Mi Ran.
Share This Post
Read original article here: www.koreaboo.com
- “You Quiz On The Block” Had A Massive Broadcasting Accident And The Viewers Had A Lot To Say About It
- Check all news and articles from the latest NEWS updates.
- Please Subscribe us at Google News.